Build your career at Self-Help
As we expand our services and service area, Self-Help has a lot of job opportunities right now. We are seeking people with a variety of skills who are customer-focused, results-focused and excited about our mission of expanding economic opportunity for all. Why work for Self-Help? Here are the reasons we hear from our staff:
- To be part of a high-impact mission. We’re one of the nation’s largest community development financial institutions with a history of achieving measurable results. Since 1980, we’ve invested $11 billion to strengthen community resources and help families build wealth by buying a first home or starting a business.
- Great benefits and competitive pay. Our minimum wage starts at $18 to $20 per hour, depending on location, and we offer top benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a matched retirement fund; generous paid vacation time, and more.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. A commitment to DEI is part of who we are. We understand that achieving a strong DEI environment takes constant work and dedicated resources, and we’re cultivating a culture where everyone can thrive and be successful.
- Excellent experience with lots of training opportunities. Self-Help has a training budget for every single staff person and extensive internal training resources that are easy to access. Many of our staff love that they gain new skills on the job and also have opportunities to learn about other areas that interest them.
- Great people. We can’t prove this, but we know in our hearts that we have the greatest staff on earth. Maybe that’s because we attract people who truly care about our members, borrowers and communities.
We have openings in all the states we serve, including places such as Northern and Southern California; Chicago, Illinois; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Jacksonville, Florida and the Carolinas. You can find links to all our job openings here.
If you have the skills we’re seeking, take a look at our website and find out more about us. If you like what you see, please apply—we would love to meet you!